Comprehensive Ithaca, NY Dental Professional
Dr. John Comisi, DDS
Dr. John Comisi has been in the private practice of general dentistry in Ithaca, NY since 1983. He is a graduate of Northwestern University Dental School and received his Bachelor of Science in Biology at Fordham University and is a Clinical Instructor of Dentistry at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry.
He is a member of many dental organizations including the:
• Academy of General Dentistry
• American Dental Association
• New York State Dental Association
• Sixth District Dental Society
• American Society for Dental Aesthetics
• American and International Association of Dental Research
• Academy of Dental Materials
Dr. Comisi has received Fellowship in the:
• Academy of Dentistry International
• American College of Dentists
• International College of Dentist
• Pierre Fauchard Academy
• International Academy of Dental Facial Esthetics
• The Academy of General Dentistry, and is a recipient of its Mastership Award
To attain Mastership in the Academy of General Dentistry, members must be a Fellow of the AGD who have earned at least 1100 hours of approved continuing education credits, meeting minimum requirements in each of the dental disciplines. In addition, 400 of the required credits must be in participation courses, where skills are learned through manipulation of dental materials and techniques. In the AGD's 60-year history, 15346 members have earned Fellowship and 2822 have received Mastership - the AGD's most prestigious Award.
Dr. Comisi lectures nationally and internationally on various dental topics and procedures, and has been published in many dental journals and health care magazines. He is also a spokesperson for the Academy of General Dentistry. The incorporation of the latest and best in dentistry is of great importance to Dr. Comisi, and you will always get his best.
Locally, Dr. Comisi has served as:
• President of the Tompkins County Dental Society,
• A member of the Board of the Tompkins County Chamber of Commerce,
• Distinguished Past President of the Kiwanis Club of Ithaca.
• A member of the Executive Board of the Baden-Powell Council, BSA and is a recipient of the prestigious Silver Beaver Award.
• President of the New York State Academy of General Dentistry,
• President of the Sixth District Dental Society,
• He has also received the New York State Academy of General Dentistry's Meritorious Service Award, for his "dedication and service to (his) peers and his patients by setting high standards in dentistry..."