Cosmetic dentistry procedures offered for Ithaca, NY 14850 area patients
Dr. John C. Comisi and the team of Dental Care with a Difference, PC provide new and existing patients with a wide range of solutions for the smile. Not only does this include general and restorative dentistry, but cosmetic dentistry. Cosmetic dentistry is a field of dental work in which a dentist improves the appearance of the smile. This can be done in a variety of ways with some of the following dental procedures:
• Porcelain crowns – there are times when patients may benefit from the placement of a porcelain crown. These may be bonded onto the tooth when there is a large area of decay or after patients have had endodontic therapy, which often makes the tooth structure weak and brittle. Crowns are custom made to match the color, shape, and size of the existing teeth for seamless integration.
• Teeth whitening – a bright, beautiful smile can exude confidence and health. When patients are dissatisfied with the results achieved with over-the-counter whitening products, they often turn to their dental practice to discuss the possibilities of professional-grade bleaching solutions.
• Dental bridges – a bridge is a restoration fabricated to replace one or more missing teeth within the smile. The bridge is made of porcelain, ensuring beauty and durability for many years.
• Porcelain veneers – ceramic restorations such as porcelain veneers are growing in popularity for patients who struggle with imperfections of the smile. Dr. John C. Comisi recommends porcelain veneers for patients considering coverage of problem areas including chipped, cracked, gapped, or misaligned teeth.
• Composite resin bonding – composite resin bonding is a material that plays a large part in restorative and cosmetic dentistry. This material is the same color as natural tooth enamel and can be used to fill a tooth or disguise areas of concern in the same way as a porcelain veneer.
At Dental Care with a Difference, PC, patients can visit with Dr. John C. Comisi to learn more about cosmetic dentistry solutions available to them. They are welcome to visit the practice located at 2333 N. Triphammer Road, #304 in Ithaca, NY 14850. They can call (607) 272-3433 to make an appointment and find out how aesthetic services such as those above can greatly enhance the smile!